The library media collection houses a variety of DVDs, videocassettes,
CDs, audiocassettes, & LPs, including:
• 500+ DVDs
• 1700+ videos
• 4,000+ CDs
• 8,000+ LPs
DVDs are located in the main reading room to the left as you enter the library – the rest of the media collection is located on the ground floor. Near the media collection are several carrels with viewing/listening equipment. Headphones for this equipment can be checked out at the circulation desk on the main floor. There are also 3 media study rooms on the ground floor where small groups can listen to or watch media together.
In cooperation with Media Services, the library lends a variety of media equipment to current ASC students, staff, & faculty. The library’s complete media equipment collection now consists of:
• 4 digital camcorders
• 4 digital cameras
• LCD Projector
• USB flash drives
• 7 portable stereos/CD players
• 1 35 mm camera
• 10 audiocassette recorders
• 2 digital voice recorders
• overhead projector
• slide projector
• All pieces of equipment circulate for 1 day, but renewals and extensions can be made in special circumstances (please talk to library circulation staff member on duty).
The library has 10 laptop computers available for checkout at the main circulation desk.
• All laptops may be checked out for 4 hours, but renewals and
extensions can be made in special circumstances (please talk to library
circulation staff member on duty).
• Laptops may only be used within the library, including the library terrace on the main floor.
• Students need to fill out a Statement of Responsibility (available at main circulation desk - no faculty signature necessary) in order to check out laptops.